Monday, September 22, 2008

HOORAY!

There are a few things to celebrate today.

The first is that I didn't go to work, for no reason. I guess that is just what happens when there is no job to do and no supervisor to make sure you do it.

The second is that I am reading all of your blogs instead of writing the paper that is due in a few hours and that is worth 50% of my grade. Study skills, why can I never learn you?

The third is that this post means we will no longer be greeted with Sarah Palin's ugly mug when we check this blog. I don't care how many desperate internet losers say she is hot; I really don't get all the fuss. So there.

AND! THE FOURTH THING WE ARE CELEBRATING TODAY IS THAT THE MOVIE IS COMING TO TOWN! Sorry, I meant THIS MOVIE IS COMING TO TOWN. Two Angry Moms: tale of a couple soccer moms who got fed up with school ""lunch" and took to the streets. Then they made a movie. THE movie. It feels like THE Movie because I have been working on getting it here for quite some time, and now it is coming. And so is one of the Directors, Angry Mom Amy. You should watch the movie clips, and then come see the movie at the Leonardo on October 16 at 7:00 p.m. School lunch is an abomination, kids are fat and so are grown-ups, and if things dont change in the next few years I will have to home school my hypotheticals. Come one come all!

4 comments:

Zillah said...

hooray! wish i could be there...

Kate said...

I maintain that study skills are for chumps. So I'm not a chump... what's the big deal??

missy. said...

pamy, while we're on the subject of movies... so in my film class last night, we watched this really amazing short film (15-20 minutes long) that blew me away. the whole time i was watching it i was thinking "pamy has to see this film." the only thing is, i don't know where you would find it, since it's not on netflix or online. maybe your university library has it? it's called "no lies," and the filmmaker is mitchell block. i can't tell you anything else about it because i don't want to give anything away, but please check to see if you can find it!!

ego non said...

That's great you're pushing for a screening. I hope lots of peeps show up for it. I checked out the clips and the documentary looks fantastic. Did I mention my graduate research is on adolescent obesity? Yep. Thanks for working hard to inform.