Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30

I have set a new-decade resolution to cease and desist with all gossip. Saying something critical about someone, particularly when I would not say it to the person directly, is cowardly, tasteless, and insane.

I need a form of self-flagellation if I mess up. Something that stings, is relatively simple to execute, but not corporeal. I am open to suggestions.

In the meantime, if you hear me say something about someone that I wouldn't say to them, feel free to give me a quick slap.

Happy new decade!

5 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Fund a Kiva loan every time you mess up. It's a costly mistake ($25/pop), but it at least goes to a good cause! Or donate to a cause on Global Giving!

Liz Johnson said...

(oh, and HAPPY NEW DECADE!!!!!! The 30's are the perfect time to set up shop in Humboldt.)

Aby Runyan said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe you are only now turning 30, can that possibly be right?? Maybe you've got your dates mixed up.

Anyway, happy day again - I hope it was a good one!

luvs, aby

Jen said...

Our code for quitting complaining is, "At least we have our health."

If it gets repeated enough, it is an annoying punishment. Maybe you could say, "He's a Good Kid." That's the code for we should stop gossiping now in one of my social circles which will remain nameless.

The Egg said...

that's a great resolution! happy birthday. that first suggestion is brilliant.....kind of like a bad word jar for filthy mouth kids! i love your "about me".....too good!

xothe egg out west.