Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wombo

I only pretend to know what's going on most of the time. For instance, my novice participation with Facebook led me today to discover a word where I wasn't sure if it was a real word with unique meaning or a simple wombo. The word was netbook. So I went to wikipedia who not only informed me that netbook both has discrete meaning and etymology as a wombo, but also informed me that there is a nice, pretentious word for wombo. This word in portmanteau. You may repay me for this update in cash or in kind.

4 comments:

ashsan said...

Being as insanely nerdy and pretentious as I am, I was going to inform you that portmanteau was the correct word, but I just couldn't take wombo from you. I just couldn't.

Flood said...

Yeah, but Lewis Carroll coined this meaning of portmanteau so how pretentious can it be? Still, a wombo will always be a wombo to me.

Flood said...

Oh, and I bought a netbook.

amy said...

Silly Floodie. All Frenglish words are pretentious!

Congrats on your new acquisition.